The IMPC® (In-Mold Printed Circuit) solution is a design and manufacturing solution that provides customers, primarily in the manufacturing industry, with the integration and optimization of entire components as opposed to the traditional partial optimization structure where resin and electronic circuits are designed, manufactured and combined separately.
By integrating the resin and the circuitry, the design can be optimized over a wider area, resulting in various advantages such as weight, thickness and cost reductions.
Advantages of IMPC®（In-Mold Printed Circuit）
- Integrated wiring eliminates the need for the harness itself and the connectors on the board side, reducing the number of parts
- By integrally forming the wiring, the weight of wiring and parts is reduced by 66%
- The thickness of the harness, board support and assembly sections can be reduced
- Overall optimization through component integration allows for a reduction in the number of wiring and connector components, significantly reducing the cost of electronic components and assembly.
- The cost saving effect of IMPC® integration will be enhanced in cases where parts are divided among multiple circuit boards or where multiple harnesses are used for the connection.
※Preconditions: In-vehicle interior lighting component (200 x 250 x 30 mm) with mainboard, 2 LED sub-boards, 1 switch sub-board and resin case
The 2.4G/5G Wi-Fi Antenna, heater and touch sensor pads can be formed at the same time as wiring.
The future of IMPC® solution technology
The IMPC® solution technology is not a simple resin-only or circuit-only replacement technology, so design and manufacturing know-how for efficient integration of the two is important.
To address the challenges of the explosive growth of electronic components in automobiles and long development times, we will help companies, especially in the automotive industry, achieve technological innovation through component integration by introducing, developing and supporting the use of IMPC® solution technologies.